November 18, 2009 – Inspired at Home Pajama Party! This pumpkin is made with Faster Plaster, one of the coolest products I’ve enjoyed in ages. It’s not a new product, but I’d never worked with it before because I thought it would be too messy and take too much time. I was wrong on both worries. It was fun, fast, and not messy at all!
Please remember to join and visit our Fan Page on Facebook! We choose our giveaway winners randomly from those who leave comments on the Share your Creativity Pajama Party fan page and also from those who leave comments on this blog. So get typing and grab a chance to win prizes and more!
By Maria Nerius
- Faster Plaster
- Measuring Cup
- Country mold (Sculpey)
- Orange, green, and brown paint paint
- Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Toggle finding
- Small jewelry bail (Aanraku)
- Bead wire
- 4 Crimping beads
- Crimping tool
- Assorted beads: 6 green E beads, 40 yellow seed beads, 30 orange seed beads, 40 tan seed beads, 50 brown seed beads, 20 moss green seed beads; 2 lady bug beads
- Ring finding
- Paint Brush
- Mix 1/4 cup of Faster Plaster and pour into mold. Follow packaging instructions. Remove pumpkin after dry to touch and use microwave to spend drying if desired. Make two pumpkins if you are going to make both the necklace and the ring.
- Paint pumpkin body orange, leaf green, and stem brown. Allow to dry and add a little shine by painting pumpkin with Glossy Accents. Adhere bail to back of pumpkin and allow glue to dry.
- This necklace is 13”. Cut bead wire to 20”. If you want a longer necklace, cut bead wire to your desired length plus 4-6”. Thread a crimp bead, 3 green E beads, a crimp bead, and one part of the toggle finding onto one end of the bead wire. Thread bead wire back through the crimp bead, E beads, and second crimp bead. Crimp with crimping tool. I like to double crimp for extra strength, but feel free to use a single crimp to hold your closure.
- String onto bead wire 5 yellow seed beads, 5 tan seed beads, 5 orange seed beads, 5 tan seed beads, 5 yellow seed beads, 5 brown seed beads, 5 moss green seed beads, 5 brown seed beads, 5 yellow, 5 tan, 5 orange, 5 tan, 5 yellow, 5 brown, a lady bug bead, 5 brown, 5 moss green, 5 orange, 10 brown, and pumpkin pendant to necklace.
- Reverse and repeat pattern of Step 4 starting with 5 orange seed beads.
- Repeat Step 3 to secure second part of toggle closure.
- Make a Ring!: Paint second pumpkin, allow to dry, adhere to ring finding!